easy-Speak Advanced Tasks for Club Officers
9. Update Front Page
9.1. Editing Layout
If you are a Club Officer with the system permission to edit text you will see the edit text link on text items and a spanner (wrench) on the blog.
Click there and you will be presented with an editor on the screen.
Use the Submit button when you have finished your changes
If you are a Club Officer with the system permission to alter the page layout and add new pages you will see an Edit page layout link at the top left of your pages. Click on that link and you will be taken into edit mode. From there you may:
- Click on a Add Web-Part to add another item to the page in the selected location. You will be given a list of pre-prepared options that are available with a description of each. **
- Click and drag an item around on the page and place it in another location.
- Click on Edit Web-Part to change the options for this item. (For example add/remove the border or title or change the officers which are listed) **
- Click on Menu/Page (top right) to change the name of this page in the menu and to set the widths of each column
- Click on [Add Page] at the bottom of the menu dropdown to add a new page
- Click on [Add Menu] in the menu bar to add a second set of menu items and the first page in the new set (No more than two club specific menu items are permitted)
** Many of the web-parts have options that are made available when you click on 'Edit web part'
When you have finished editing the page use the link Save page layout to save your work.
While you are in edit mode you will see an additional item in the drop-down menu bar. Add page does exactly that and if you only have one set of menu items you will also see Add menu as an option to give you the possibility to create a second set.
(This article explains how system permissions are assigned to each club officer)
CAUTION - this will remove all customisation and additional pages and take your website back to the standard six pages